Racist slurs found spray painted at Oakville high school
Halton Police are investigating numerous racial slurs that were discovered spray painted around White Oaks Secondary School, Monday, in Oakville.
A school staff member reported the racist incident that included inappropriate images and anti-Black racist language spray painted on the turf field, the track and on the bleachers.
Officers have already attended the scene.
“Hate has no place in our communities,” the Halton Regional Police Service said. “We encourage residents to report any incident that is motivated by hate or bias. We appreciate your cooperation in helping to eliminate these types of incidents from our communities.”
Police are asking anyone that witnessed the incident or have any relevant information contact the 2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4777, ext. 2216.
Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the website at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Stabbing at Oakville park leaves man in critical condition
- Three Teens Arrested Following Hate-Motivated Crime in Mississauga
- Mississauga man charged after hate-motivated incident
- Mississauga Male Arrested Following Attempted Child Abduction Incident in Oakville
- Here's What to do if You're the Victim of a Hate Crime in Mississauga
- Alarmingly 20% of all Brampton being tested currently have COVID-19
- Mississauga ticketing for gathering in parks to home hair salons and more
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Man charged in death of Burlington man at Cayuga racetrack
- It could be weeks before Mississauga sees the 18+ vaccination sites in hotspots