Racist slurs found spray painted at Oakville high school
Halton Police are investigating numerous racial slurs that were discovered spray painted around White Oaks Secondary School, Monday, in Oakville.
A school staff member reported the racist incident that included inappropriate images and anti-Black racist language spray painted on the turf field, the track and on the bleachers.
Officers have already attended the scene.
“Hate has no place in our communities,” the Halton Regional Police Service said. “We encourage residents to report any incident that is motivated by hate or bias. We appreciate your cooperation in helping to eliminate these types of incidents from our communities.”
Police are asking anyone that witnessed the incident or have any relevant information contact the 2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4777, ext. 2216.
Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the website at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Three Teens Arrested Following Hate-Motivated Crime in Mississauga
- Stabbing at Oakville park leaves man in critical condition
- Mississauga man charged after hate-motivated incident
- Mississauga Male Arrested Following Attempted Child Abduction Incident in Oakville
- Here's What to do if You're the Victim of a Hate Crime in Mississauga
- Mississauga, Brampton services will be affected by new federal holiday in September
- Dog dragged by car rescued in Mississauga by 'kind-hearted residents,' driver was allegedly impaired
- More Canadians say worst of COVID-19 yet to come as the Delta variant spreads: poll
- Peel Police on scene in Mississauga after cyclist struck by car
- 7 ways we can crush COVID in Mississauga and Brampton