Rabba installs countertop glass barriers during COVID-19 pandemic
Another well-known grocery chain is taking additional steps to protect customers and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Rabba Fine Foods recently announced that it began installing countertop glass barriers on Sunday, March 22.
The company says the installations, designed to enhance social distancing and protect customers and cashiers, will be completed by Wednesday of this week.
"We are doing everything we can to stay open for our customers and, at the same time, to increase their safety and comfort while in our stores," says Rick Rabba, president of Rabba Fine Foods.
The chain is also posting educational signs and messages from local health authorities.
Rabba says it has also increased the disinfecting and sanitization of stores, provided gloves and hand-sanitizers for staff and worked to educate both staff and customers on the importance of proper hygiene, distancing and staying at home when feeling any symptoms.
"We have been working 24/7 in an effort to source quality products, bring them to our stores quickly and to keep them fairly priced," says Rabba. "I could not be more proud of the Rabba team and express my gratitude to them, as well as our store managers, for their resilience during these times."
Photo courtesy of Rabba
- LCBO stores to remain open during COVID-19 pandemic
- Mississauga grocery store to offer temperature checks to customers
- Pet Valu limiting number of customers allowed in-store to two
- Sobey’s installing plexiglass shields, reducing hours to fight COVID-19 spread
- LCBO stores to be closed one day a week amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Pilot for new CBS medical drama spotted filming recently in Mississauga
- Injuries reported after fight with baseball bat and vehicle ramming in Mississauga
- Stay-at-home order lifts today in Mississauga and Brampton
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga