Quick Bite: Union Burger
Located at the new Limelight condo buildings (the condos with the green lights on the roof) at the City Centre is the brand new Union Burger. Union Burger was established in 2010 and has 12 locations in Canada and Mississauga is the newest location. They have a really nice patio for a burger joint that overlooks Sheridan Collage, and if I had to take a guess houses the bulk of their customers. This is where I had lunch today.What?
All American - Two Beef Patties, American Cheese, Smoked Bacon and Onion Rings with a side of Onion Rings and a Coke
$11.99 for the combo
It took about 8 mins but it wasn't busyThe Verdict:
I am a self admitted burger connoisseur, so I may be tough on Union especially since the GTA has so much competition in bringing the beef. There is no comparison to The Burger's Priest or Holy Chucks, but this joint will fill a void if you're looking for a decent burger. If you like Five Guys or Hero Burger, this place is on that level. I do have to admit that the burgers and the menu are very well priced. A similar combo would have cost me $15 plus at Five Guys. Would I go back? Yes, because I love burgers, I live nearby and what choices do we really have at the City Centre? It's slim pickings.
I have to bring up the idiotic drink machine they have called the Coca Cola Freestyle machine. It's a machine with a touch screen that allows users to select from mixtures of flavors of Coca-Cola branded products which are then individually dispensed. Here is what's wrong with it: 1) there is only one dispenser, and as I mentioned before it wasn't busy, yet it still took me about 5 minutes to get my drink because the dude in front of me was trying a new mixture and 2) the screen was nasty and sticky from the compiled stickiness of pop laced fingers from all the other people that touched the screen before me. It's like touching someone else's touch screen phone just before you eat. Gross!
- A new burger and panini joint just opened its doors in Mississauga
- Toronto Burger Joint Opening Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Popular Burger Joint Opens First Canadian Location in Mississauga
- Popular GTA burger restaurant opens brand new location in Mississauga
- Unique burger joint opens two new locations in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Brampton school sends 18 staff members home over COVID-19 scare
- Some elderly Brampton and Mississauga residents can get COVID-19 vaccines much sooner than expected
- Brampton parents charged after child's luggage used to smuggle drugs into Mississauga's Pearson Airport
- Property taxes set to rise in Mississauga, councillors agree to a salary freeze