Quick Bite: Szechuan Express Square One
Here we are again at the Food Central food court at Square One and I'm here to try the last of the new food court additions: Szechuan Express.
We had chili chicken, lemon chicken with rice and har gow (shrimp dumplings) and Shu Mai (pork dumplings) for dim sum.
$8.99 - Main Dish
$4.99 - 4 pieces dim sum
For some strange reason, there are seven Asian food places at Food Central. Usually a food court may have two or three, but seven is just crazy! So there is a little competition.
The Good: The idea of having dim sum in a mall food court is very interesting and kind of cool. The food is above average for food court Chinese and they have a great selection of cuisines from Hakka to Chinese to Thai to dim sum.
The Bad: Anyone who eats any Asian food on a regular basis knows that this dim sum is highway robbery. A whopping $4.99 for four pieces of dim sum is just unheard of in the outside world.
Would I eat it again?
Main dish yes, dim sum no.
- Police Warning Residents to Ignore Robbery Hoax Circulating in Mississauga
- Winter Weather Travel Advisory is in Effect for Mississauga
- Police Asking for Public Help Identifying Female Victim in Mississauga
- New Stores Officially Open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Mississauga’s LRT Could be in Danger of Cancellation