Quick Bite: Szechuan Express Square One
Here we are again at the Food Central food court at Square One and I'm here to try the last of the new food court additions: Szechuan Express.
We had chili chicken, lemon chicken with rice and har gow (shrimp dumplings) and Shu Mai (pork dumplings) for dim sum.
$8.99 - Main Dish
$4.99 - 4 pieces dim sum
For some strange reason, there are seven Asian food places at Food Central. Usually a food court may have two or three, but seven is just crazy! So there is a little competition.
The Good: The idea of having dim sum in a mall food court is very interesting and kind of cool. The food is above average for food court Chinese and they have a great selection of cuisines from Hakka to Chinese to Thai to dim sum.
The Bad: Anyone who eats any Asian food on a regular basis knows that this dim sum is highway robbery. A whopping $4.99 for four pieces of dim sum is just unheard of in the outside world.
Would I eat it again?
Main dish yes, dim sum no.
- Top 5 Food Courts/Centres in Mississauga
- Food Truck Eats at Celebration Square
- The Canadian Food Inspection Agency is considering limiting the amount of food citizens can bring into Canada
- PHOTOS: Here's Some of the Food Coming to Square One's Food District in Mississauga
- Province: "We have plenty of food that will continue to reach grocery stores on a regular basis"