Quick Bite: On A Bun
On A Bun is one of the best sandwich shops in Mississauga and is located in the same lot as the legendary music studio Metalworks on Mavis and Burnhamthorpe. You may get lucky and get a glimpse of Drizzy or Biebs while plowing down a sandwich. The chalkboard menu lists a wide variety of Italian sandwiches, including chicken, steak and onions, veal, meatball, sausage and onions, veggie, and eggplant parmesan. I've heard so much about this authentic family run Italian sandwich joint that I had to finally make a pit stop for a quick bite. I was lucky to have been greeted by the owner himself, Rocco, and I ordered the most popular sandwich - The Veal Sandwich.
Regular Veal Sandwich with Mushrooms
$6.50 for the sandwich, $0.88 for mushrooms
Total = $8.34
Length of time to get the meal:
It was love at first bite and I knew at this moment that On A Bun is going to be my new weekly lunch ritual. Everything from the bun to the sauce worked harmoniously together to make a mouth watering sandwich. The veal was tender, flavourful, and there was a lot of it. The sauce options are sweet, medium or hot, and I opted for the sweet. The sauce was the perfect amount - it dressed the veal and seeped just enough into the bun without making it soggy. Rocco also threw in some spicy olives which are a great side to complete the meal. Next time you're out for lunch in Mississauga, skip your usual lunch spot and try On A Bun. It may just be your new go-to-lunch-spot.
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Police discover remains of deceased infant in basement of Hamilton home
- Peel District School Board issues apology for racially insensitive content on internal webpage for staff
- Mississauga pressing to enter red-zone on March 9
- Police searching for suspect in connection to stabbing in Mississauga