Quick Bite Lunch: Ming Room
This is a great deal for lunch with about 20 choices for $7 or less -- and that includes your meat and a choice of steamed or veggie fried rice. We ordered the chili chicken lunch special, and let me tell you that we should have paid more attention to that little chili pepper graphic beside this menu item. It had an awesome kick to it. With water and napkins for my forehead in hand I made it though. Once I got over the heat, the dish was actually really good and very filling. The chicken was plentiful, as you can see from the picture, and the veggie fried rice balanced the heat out pretty nicely.
On the north side of Streetsville on Mississauga Road is Ming Room. Ming Room serves Hakka Szechuan cuisine. For those who don't know what Hakka food is, it's the adaptation of Chinese seasoning and cooking techniques to Indian tastes. You will find dishes from Chili Chicken to Manchurian Chicken to Chili Fish…can you tell there is a spice theme going on here? Today we went there for lunch.
L11. Chili Chicken
Length of Time to Receive Meal:
It took about 10 minutes but it wasn't busy
Click here for map and contact info>
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Police won’t be stopping and questioning people while stay-at-home order is in effect
- Here's how the vaccine will be rolled out in Mississauga
- Ford ousts Tory legislator from caucus after anti-lockdown letter
- Swanky accommodations could be the key to luring Mississauga residents into COVID isolation units