Quick Bite: Clarkson Mediterranean Bistro
Where: The Clarkson Mediterranean Bistro is a gem of a find in a small and quaint neighbourhood located west of Port Credit in a community called Clarkson Village. It's the oldest community in Mississauga and is home to a number of unique businesses, fine dining restaurants and two of Mississauga's historic museums.
The Verdict: The Clarkson Mediterranean Bistro is a restaurant that's now on my list of go-to places to dine in Mississauga. I had driven by it many times and had it on my list for months - I just wish I had gone sooner. I was floored by the level of service, the flavours, the quality of the food and the affordable pricing. This resto is a prime example of the benefits of supporting local restaurants over the big chains.
What: The California Chicken Risotto includes roasted tomatoes, zucchini and artichokes in a chardonnay and parmesan rose sauce. Risotto can be a heavy dish; however the flavours were on point and balanced with just enough acidity, resulting in a light, creamy and appetizing dish. The rice to ingredient ratio was perfect with substantial chicken, artichoke and zucchini pieces embedded in the silky risotto.
Wait time: 10 minutes post appetizers (for the purpose of this article, I am only discussing one of a few dishes I tried, hence the name Quick Dish. However, I should mention that everything I tried was also on point).
Address: 1731 Lakeshore Rd W, Mississauga, ON L5J 1J4
Phone: (905) 916-2283
Hours of operation:
Monday to Wednesday: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Thursday to Saturday: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sunday: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga
- Wayne Gretzky remembers his father, Walter, as man with ‘a heart of gold’ at funeral
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga