QEW Crash Causing Major Delays in Mississauga
A collision along the westbound QEW is causing traffic headaches in Mississauga on Thursday morning.
Multiple vehicles are blocking the left and centre lanes approaching Hurontario St., say OPP.
Police are en route as of 10:45 a.m.
Expect major delays.
UPDATE: Westbound lanes are closed at Cawthra Rd. and eastbound lanes are closed at Hurontario St. An Ornge air ambulance is making its way to the scene, say OPP.
The lanes will remain closed while Ornge is on scene.
UPDATE: Ornge says one patient has been airlifted to a Toronto trauma centre.
Photo courtesy of OPP/MTO
UPDATE: Eastbound lanes are open. Removal of vehicles has begun, says OPP, but westbound Cawthra remains closed as of 2:45 p.m.
UPDATE: Westbound lanes have opened at Cawthra but the Hurontario off-ramp remains closed as of 4:04 p.m.
UPDATE: All lanes are open as of 4:15 p.m.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of crash that left two dead and highway lanes closed for 24 hours
- All Lanes Blocked On Highway 401 Westbound Due To Collision In Mississauga
- Lanes Closed on Westbound 401 in Mississauga
- All lanes closed following highway crash on the 401 in Mississauga
- All Lanes Closed on Part of 403 in Mississauga Following Crash
- Employees at two pharmacies and a grocery store in Mississauga have tested positive for COVID-19
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- Mississauga man charged in connection with India call centre scam
- COVID-19 surge forcing paramedics to unload ambulances outside hospitals in Mississauga
- Battle lines drawn as Mississauga and Brampton fight it out over store openings