Public high school teachers to hold one-day strike next week
Teachers and education workers that are represented by the Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation (OSSTF/FEESO), will be participating in a province-wide full withdrawal of services on Wednesday, December 4, 2019, for one day.
This will take place if no new agreement is reached before then.
This strike will follow six days of information pickets as well as a limited withdrawal of administrative services that commenced on November 26, 2019.
“This week we began a job action carefully devised to have no impact on students,” said OSSTF/FEESO President, Harvey Bischof.
“It’s clear from these past two days of bargaining, however, that our action is having no impact on the tone or substance of negotiations.”
“Through months of bargaining, the management team has avoided any meaningful discussion of class size, staffing, mandatory e-learning, or any other issue that impacts the quality of student learning,” he said, also adding that “far too little has changed at the table.”
Bischof continued to state that they are left with no choice but to intensify their efforts in order to defend their education system against “government sabotage.”
“We do recognize that our one-day walkout will cause short-term disruption in the lives of students and parents, and we are disappointed that we’ve been driven to take this job action. We cannot, however, stand aside and do nothing while the long-term interests of students are being compromised by the Ford government,” he concluded.
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Huge winning lottery ticket sold in Mississauga
- Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation to hold a strike vote
- High school teachers' union becomes latest to vote in favour of strike action
- Catholic school teachers starting work-to-rule job action
- Public high school teachers to hold walk-out in Mississauga
- One-day strike will cause Peel board secondary school closures next week