Provincial Offences Court in Mississauga postponing court dates
If you have a court date in Mississauga, it might be affected by new COVID-19 restrictions.
The City of Mississauga recently announced that all in-person Provincial Offences Act (POA) matters scheduled from March 16, 2020, to Jan. 22, 2021, will be adjourned and rescheduled to a later date.
The Provincial Offences Court in Mississauga is located at 950 Burnhamthorpe Rd. W.
“If you have a matter scheduled in-person during this time, do not attend court. This applies to all POA courts in Ontario,” the city said in a news release.
“All court locations will continue to hear matters remotely. A notice of a new court date will be sent to you by mail to the address on file with the court.”
The city says that anyone who has received a POA Offence Notice (ticket) after March 1, 2020, will have until Dec. 1, 2020, to exercise one of the options set out on the back of the Notice. Those who fail to respond by Dec. 1 may be convicted for the offence.
If you have received a ticket that falls under the Administrative Penalty System (APS) such as parking, pet, mobile and business licensing, the extension to Dec. 1 does not apply.
For more information, click here.
- Provincial Offences Court in Mississauga set to reopen this summer
- Mississauga's court house reopens for some in-person appointments
- Mississauga’s Provincial Offences Act courtroom to temporarily close
- Appointments at Mississauga Provincial Offences Courthouse adjourned for several more weeks
- Jury trials won’t resume in Ontario until at least September, court says
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Police on scene in Brampton after man found with serious injuries, sources say gunplay suspected
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19