Province reporting 2,964 new COVID-19 cases, 25 deaths
The province is reporting 2,964 new cases of COVID-19 today (Sunday, January 3) and 25 more deaths linked to the virus.
Locally, there are 786 new cases in Toronto, 346 in Peel, 308 in York Region, 197 in Durham, 187 in Windsor-Essex County, 172 in Hamilton, and 100 in Halton.
Over 49,800 additional tests have been completed since yesterday.
Sunday’s numbers are significantly lower than Saturday’s, when the province reported a new daily high of 3,363 cases.
Today's full case data is now available on the province's website.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Police investigating homicide after dead body found in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga