Province reporting 2,964 new COVID-19 cases, 25 deaths
The province is reporting 2,964 new cases of COVID-19 today (Sunday, January 3) and 25 more deaths linked to the virus.
Locally, there are 786 new cases in Toronto, 346 in Peel, 308 in York Region, 197 in Durham, 187 in Windsor-Essex County, 172 in Hamilton, and 100 in Halton.
Over 49,800 additional tests have been completed since yesterday.
Sunday’s numbers are significantly lower than Saturday’s, when the province reported a new daily high of 3,363 cases.
Today's full case data is now available on the province's website.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot win went to an Ontario ticket holder
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton