Province reporting 2,964 new COVID-19 cases, 25 deaths
The province is reporting 2,964 new cases of COVID-19 today (Sunday, January 3) and 25 more deaths linked to the virus.
Locally, there are 786 new cases in Toronto, 346 in Peel, 308 in York Region, 197 in Durham, 187 in Windsor-Essex County, 172 in Hamilton, and 100 in Halton.
Over 49,800 additional tests have been completed since yesterday.
Sunday’s numbers are significantly lower than Saturday’s, when the province reported a new daily high of 3,363 cases.
Today's full case data is now available on the province's website.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 121 workers at Mississauga's Gateway postal facility test positive for COVID-19
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content
- Two provinces hardest hit by COVID-19 see cases trend downward over last-week totals
- Changes coming to garbage pickup this winter in Mississauga
- Rental rates for some units fell close to 10 per cent at the end of 2020 in Mississauga