Province providing municipalities with $500 million in support
The Ontario government has announced additional support for municipalities across the province.
Through the Ontario Municipal Partnership Fund (OMPF), the Province is providing Ontario municipalities with $500 million in funding.
The province is maintaining the overall structure of the fund in order to keep a commitment made at the Association of Municipalities of Ontario annual conference this past August.
The OMPF is the Province’s main general assistance grant, used to support the local priorities and specific needs of 389 municipalities across Ontario, with a special emphasis on northern and rural communities.
“Our government recognizes the importance of certainty and stability for municipalities, particularly in these challenging times. That’s why we are announcing the allocations for the 2021 OMPF today -- consistent with our commitment last year to provide our partners with the information they need, when they need it to plan their budgets,” Rod Phillips, Minister of Finance, said in a news release.
“Our government will continue to work together with municipal governments to build a strong foundation for Ontario’s long-term economic recovery, and improve the quality of life for the people across the province," he continued.
- Province providing $695 million in financial aid for municipalities impacted by COVID-19
- Ontario provides additional funding to support municipalities and urban Indigenous community partners
- Ontario's historic agreement delivering up to $4 billion to support municipalities and transit
- Province providing $2 billion for transit systems in 110 municipalities across Ontario
- Ontario provides additional financial relief for municipalities during COVID-19
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga
- Here’s what Mississauga residents can and cannot do under grey lockdown restrictions
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga