Province pledges to provide more funding to Francophone communities in Mississauga
The provincial government has announced its intention to help support Francophone communities across the province.
As part of the redesigned Francophone Community Grants Program, 48 community organizations and businesses will receive $1 million in funding according to an announcement from Caroline Mulroney, Minister of Francophone Affairs.
The program is intended to be a way to support the cultural and economic development of the province’s Francophone communities--both for-profit, and not-for-profit.
The funding will go towards improving front-line services, as well as promoting the French-language and culture.
Additionally, the project will allow these communities to provide festivals, cultural events, training and recruitment activities to help businesses find bilingual workers, as well as workshop initiatives, and marketing and promotional supports.
“The Francophone Community Grants Program is a central element of our government’s plan to build the capacity of Francophone organizations across Ontario and those serving Francophone markets,” Mulroney said in a press release.
“By providing them with opportunities to implement impactful projects, we will help Francophone communities thrive and contribute to the overall prosperity of our province,” she continued.
- Ontario Announces Funding For More Cultural Events in Mississauga
- Advocacy group urging province to include equity-seeking communities in economic recovery plan
- Province Pouring More Money into Arts and Entertainment Businesses
- Province investing more than $13 million into initiatives for youth
- Could a New University Be Coming to Ontario?
- Mississauga and Brampton face curfews, travel ban as Ford plans next COVID move
- 401 closed as Mississauga woman killed in early morning collision
- City of Mississauga planning controlled burn of portion of popular park this weekend
- Police investigating dead body found in park in Mississauga
- Mayor of Brampton Patrick Brown and wife celebrate birth of baby girl