Protest blocking major intersection in Mississauga
A protest is currently in effect this afternoon in Mississauga.
According to police, around 200 to 300 protesters have occupied the intersection of Derry Road and Goreway Drive.
Early reports indicate that the protest is in response to the Saturday night shooting in which a Peel police officer fatally shot a 62 year old male in crisis.
The intersection is blocked and motorists are advised to take alternate routes for now.
UPDATE: The protest has since moved to the intersection of Goreway and Morningstar.
- Mississauga intersection reopens after multi-day protest against police shooting of man in crisis
- Supporters remain at Mississauga intersection to protest police killing
- 'No longer considered peaceful': Arrests made following protest in Mississauga and Brampton
- Indian farmers’ protest causing traffic delays on major roadway in Brampton
- Demonstration continues in Mississauga over police shooting death of man
- Alternating the AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccines causes frequent mild to moderate symptoms but safe
- Mississauga, Brampton students likely to finish school year via remote learning
- Cake purchased at Farm Boy in Hamilton, Burlington or Oakville faces recall
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Ontario doctors urging Province extend lockdown set to expire in late May