Protest blocking major intersection in Mississauga
A protest is currently in effect this afternoon in Mississauga.
According to police, around 200 to 300 protesters have occupied the intersection of Derry Road and Goreway Drive.
Early reports indicate that the protest is in response to the Saturday night shooting in which a Peel police officer fatally shot a 62 year old male in crisis.
The intersection is blocked and motorists are advised to take alternate routes for now.
UPDATE: The protest has since moved to the intersection of Goreway and Morningstar.
- Mississauga intersection reopens after multi-day protest against police shooting of man in crisis
- Supporters remain at Mississauga intersection to protest police killing
- Demonstration continues in Mississauga over police shooting death of man
- Police Monitoring Protest in Mississauga
- Motorists urged to avoid major Mississauga intersection due to collision
- Mississauga man still shocked over big lotto win
- Employees at Mississauga Shoppers Drug Mart test positive for COVID-19
- Police responding to reports of man in crisis in Mississauga
- Residential driveways being targeted for vehicle thefts in Mississauga: Police
- Peel reports almost 200 more cases than Toronto