Protest blocking major intersection in Mississauga
A protest is currently in effect this afternoon in Mississauga.
According to police, around 200 to 300 protesters have occupied the intersection of Derry Road and Goreway Drive.
Early reports indicate that the protest is in response to the Saturday night shooting in which a Peel police officer fatally shot a 62 year old male in crisis.
The intersection is blocked and motorists are advised to take alternate routes for now.
UPDATE: The protest has since moved to the intersection of Goreway and Morningstar.
- Mississauga intersection reopens after multi-day protest against police shooting of man in crisis
- Supporters remain at Mississauga intersection to protest police killing
- Police Monitoring Protest in Mississauga
- Demonstration continues in Mississauga over police shooting death of man
- Motorists urged to avoid major Mississauga intersection due to collision
- Rental prices falling amid COVID-19 pandemic in Mississauga
- 153 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 20 new cases reported over two-day period in Mississauga
- Two Mississauga residents facing gun and drug-related charges
- Ongoing power outage still affecting about 800 homes and businesses in Mississauga
- Mississauga high school teacher charged with sexual assault