Protest blocking major intersection in Mississauga
A protest is currently in effect this afternoon in Mississauga.
According to police, around 200 to 300 protesters have occupied the intersection of Derry Road and Goreway Drive.
Early reports indicate that the protest is in response to the Saturday night shooting in which a Peel police officer fatally shot a 62 year old male in crisis.
The intersection is blocked and motorists are advised to take alternate routes for now.
UPDATE: The protest has since moved to the intersection of Goreway and Morningstar.
- Mississauga intersection reopens after multi-day protest against police shooting of man in crisis
- Supporters remain at Mississauga intersection to protest police killing
- Indian farmers’ protest causing traffic delays on major roadway in Brampton
- Demonstration continues in Mississauga over police shooting death of man
- Police Monitoring Protest in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga and Brampton
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store