Proof of vaccination needed to have wedding or get marriage licence at Oakville Town Hall


Published October 12, 2021 at 5:20 pm

If you want to get married at Oakville Town Hall, or even pick up a marriage licence, you will have to be double vaccinated against COVID-19.

New regulations for all town-operated facilities including Town Hall call for both proof of identity and vaccination status before being allowed in.

This includes all community centres, arenas, museums and the Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts as well as all service counters at Town Hall.

A notice on the Town of Oakville’s website points out this includes “any new appointments for marriages and ceremonies.” It adds that appointments for marriage licenses and ceremonies that were previously pre-booked do not require proof of vaccination.

Many have taken to social media to complain that after a slow start to responding to the pandemic, Oakville has gone a little too far.

“I just wanted to go in and pick up my licence but they wouldn’t let me,” said Mary DeLuca in a group forum. “I guess I could go to Mississauga, but who wants to go there?”



insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising