Product Recalls Mississauga Should Know About
Although most foods and products are safe, some edibles and items slip through the cracks and when they do, it’s good to be aware so you can fix or avoid them.
Here are some recalls to be aware of while shopping this week.
1) Wild Sockeye Smoked Salmon and Sensations by Compliments Smoked Wild Pacific Salmon
Central Epicure is recalling two salmon products from the marketplace due to possible listeria contamination. If you have either of these salmon products in your home, you should not consume them. Food contaminated with listeria may not look or smell off, but it can make you ill and cause flu-like symptoms. The bacteria is particularly dangerous for pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems. Fortunately, there have been no reported illnesses so far. If you have consumed this product and feel ill, contact your doctor.
2) Allmax Brand "Rapidcuts Shredded" Capsules
Healthy Body Services Inc. is recalling two lots (G4016A and G4016) of Allmax brand "Rapidcuts Shredded" capsules (NPN 80041658) because of an undisclosed prescription drug (yohimbine hydrochloride) in the product. The product is meant to act as a workout stimulant and fat burner. The drug contained in the product could be harmful to people with high blood pressure or heart, kidney or liver disease. It is also not recommended for children or women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
3) Tostitos Cantina Extra Thin Tortilla Chips
PepsiCo Foods Canada is recalling the product because it contains milk that is not declared on the label. People who are lactose intolerant or otherwise allergic to milk should either dispose of the product or return it to the store.
4) Imperial Caviar & Seafood Salmon Roe
Imperial Caviar & Seafood is recalling its salmon roe from the marketplace because it might permit the growth of Clostridium botulinum. Food contaminated with the toxin may not look or smell bad, but it can cause serious illness and even death. If you have this product in your home, dispose of it or return it to the store.
5) Lemond Food Corp. Korean Seasoned Soybean Paste
Lemond Food Corp. is recalling its product from the market because it contains peanuts that are not mentioned on the package. If you have a peanut allergy, you should dispose of this product or return it to the store. One adverse reaction to the product has been reported.
6) Peppo Foods' Damascus Delites Falafel Vegetarian Balls
Peppo Foods is recalling the product due to undeclared wheat. If you have celiac disease or a wheat allergy, you should dispose of or return the product to the store. 7) GE Profile Harmony High-Efficiency Top-Load Clothes Washers
The recall affects products manufactured between June 2003 and October 2010. The affected washers were sold in gold, dark grey and white and had model numbers beginning with WPGT9350, WPGT9360, and WPGT9150 (this model was sold in Canada). These products can potentially overheat, creating a fire hazard. So far, no injuries or incidents have been reported. If you own this product, you can call distributing company MC Commerical Inc. (Mabe) about a free in-home repair.
- Police Warning Residents to Ignore Robbery Hoax Circulating in Mississauga
- Mississauga’s LRT Could be in Danger of Cancellation
- Police Asking for Public Help Identifying Female Victim in Mississauga
- Sick Days for Teachers Causing Significant Issues in Mississauga Schools
- Traffic Lights in Mississauga Will be Out For Several Hours Following Collision
- Beef Product Sold at Mississauga Restaurant Recalled Due to Potentially Dangerous Bacteria
- Popular Chicken Product Recalled Due to Salmonella
- Possibly Contaminated Chicken Product Recalled in Mississauga
- Product Recalls of the Week for Mississauga
- Popular Flour Product Recalled for Contamination with Harmful Bacteria