Prince’s Mississauga Connection
Well, 2016 hasn't been a good year in terms of legendary recording artists staying alive and we heard even more bad news yesterday when TMZ reported that superstar Prince was found dead in his Minnesota compound.
He was only 57.
While everyone is sharing fond memories of the man who brought us Purple Rain, few might know that he has a pretty significant Mississauga connection.
According to a recent CBC article, Prince was married to Toronto woman Manuela Testolini in the early and mid-2000s and spent a lot of time in the GTA.
He actually recorded his 2004 Musicology album at Metalworks Studios in Mississauga. It was his 28th studio album.
Metalworks actually commemorated Prince's time in their studio with this Facebook post.
The CBC also reports that Prince heaped praise on our eastern neighbour, once telling the Canadian Press, "I love Toronto" and "it's a real melting pot in every sense of the word."
Prince also attended Raptors games and performed at TO's Sony Centre for the Performing Arts as recently as March 25.
- Police on Scene for Shooting Incident in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Here is Everything That’s Coming to the New Food District in Square One in Mississauga
- Residents in Mississauga Experiencing Internet Outage
- Snowfall Alert Now in Effect for Mississauga
- Dollarama Announces the Launch of Its New Online Store