Prime Minister Justin Trudeau self-isolating after wife experiences flu-like symptoms
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has decided to self-isolate out of an “abundance of caution” due to his wife, Sophie Gregoire-Trudeau’s, recent flu-like symptoms.
In a statement that’s being shared widely on social media, the Prime Minister’s Office says that Gregoire-Trudeau began exhibiting “flu-like symptoms” such as a low fever late last night (March 12). Gregoire-Trudeau recently returned from a speaking engagement in London, England.
The PMO says Gregoire-Trudeau immediately sought medical advice and is being tested for COVID-19. The statement says she is self-isolating at home and awaiting test results. Her symptoms have reportedly subsided.
The PMO says that while a doctor has advised Prime Minister Trudeau to continue daily activities while self-monitoring, he has opted to work from home in isolation while awaiting Gregoire-Trudeau’s test results.
Trudeau is not experiencing any symptoms at this time, according to the statement.
The PMO says Trudeau will spend the day in briefings, phone calls and virtual meetings from home. He will also speak with other world leaders and join the special COVID-19 cabinet committee discussion.
UPDATE: Federal NDP leader Jagmeet Singh has also announced that he is staying home due to an illness that doctors do not believe is COVID-19. He says he is staying home to err on the side of caution.
Friends, I am at home today, feeling unwell.— Jagmeet Singh (@theJagmeetSingh) March 12, 2020
I have been in contact with a doctor and they do not believe I have symptoms consistent with COVID19. But their advice is for me to limit contact with the public until I am feeling better.
- Sophie Grégoire Trudeau tests positive for COVID-19
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to testify today on WE Charity controversy
- Prime Minister Trudeau to give update in Ottawa on COVID-19 Saturday
- Trudeau, G20 leaders to confer on international response to COVID-19 pandemic
- Justin Trudeau Still Preferred Prime Minister After Blackface Photos
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Public Health says Mississauga and Brampton officially experiencing second wave of COVID-19 as new cases surpass 200 for second day in a row
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Mississauga grocery store worker tests positive for COVID-19