PRESTO Cards Now Available at Select Drugstores
If you take any type of transit, you'll be excited to know that a drugstore in Ontario will now be able to sell or top-up your PRESTO card.
This provincial development is a pilot project between Shoppers Drug Mart and Metrolinx, and commuters will have the convenience to manage their PRESTO card at select Shoppers Drug Mart locations in Toronto.
"The collaboration between Metrolinx and Shoppers Drug Mart is good news for transit users in Toronto. This is one more way Ontario is working to innovatively transform the transit experience with the goal of making public transit a better, more convenient and more accessible choice for people to use every day," said Steven Del Duca, Ontario's Minister of Transportation.
More than 2.7 million PRESTO cards are currently in use across 11 transit systems in the GTA.
Beginning today, customers will be able to buy, load, and set discounts for children, elementary and high school students and seniors on their PRESTO cards at 10 Shoppers Drug Mart locations across the Toronto, with more locations to be added later this year.
"Shoppers Drug Mart stores provide our customers with outstanding service and convenience, with extended hours in accessible stores across the city," said Ken Kirkwood, Senior Director, Category Management at Shoppers Drug Mart. "We're pleased to expand our offering in transit options with the introduction of PRESTO in select stores and look forward to rolling out to further locations in the city."
Pre-loaded PRESTO cards are available at 60 Gateway Newstands, and most transit hubs and terminals sell and top-up cards for PRESTO users.
An up-to-date list of all PRESTO retail outlets is available here.
- Mississauga Could Soon Be Home to Amazon’s Second North American Headquarters
- New Lotto Winner Celebrating Big Win in Mississauga
- Mississauga Firefighters Set to Receive Substantial Pay Raises
- New Report Indicates Mississauga is at Risk of Housing Bubble
- Mississauga Could Win Substantial Amount of Money
- Shoppers Drug Mart Applies to Start Legally Distributing Marijuana
- Does Mississauga Need More Presto Reload Machines?
- Mississauga Set to Pay More for PRESTO
- Big Changes Coming to Transit Discounts for Some Post-Secondary Students in Mississauga
- Province Slashes Prices on Transit for Some Mississauga Commuters