Potentially Dangerous Meat Products Being Recalled from Mississauga Stores
If you recently purchased ground or tenderized meat products from a popular Mississauga grocery store, you might want to dispose of or return the items.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) recently announced that the industry is recalling certain meat products from the marketplace due to possible E. Coli contamination.
Right now, extra lean ground veal from Michael-Angelo's Market Place on Erin Mills Parkway with best before dates from March 24 to April and April 11 to April 15 are being recalled. The affected products also boast a UPC code that starts with 0203401.
Other recalled products include lean ground veal from the same Michael-Angelo's with a UPC code beginning with 0203371 and ground veal from The Apple Market on Camilla Road in Mississauga with a UPC code of 0250097.
You can see a full list of affected products here.
If you have consumed these products and feel sick, see your doctor.
Food contaminated with E. coli may not look or smell spoiled, but it can make you sick. Symptoms to watch out for include nausea, vomiting, mild to severe abdominal cramps and watery to bloody diarrhea. In severe cases of illness, some people may have seizures or strokes, need blood transfusions and kidney dialysis or live with permanent kidney damage.
In very severe cases of illness, people may die.
The recall was triggered by a recall of fresh veal by Newmarket Meat Packers Limited.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing recalled products from the marketplace.
So far, there have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of these products.
- More than 500 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Ontario, close to 400 total cases found in Mississauga
- More than 1,500 residents without power in Mississauga
- Mississauga officially cancels all events up until July 3
- House prices officially dropping in Mississauga amid COVID-19 outbreak
- PHOTOS: Trillium Health Partners building temporary pandemic response unit in Mississauga
- Ground Meat Products Recalled Due to Dangerous Bacteria
- Beef and veal products recalled in Mississauga due to E. coli
- Walmart beef products recalled in Mississauga
- Popular Flour Being Recalled for Contamination with Harmful Bacteria
- Cauliflower and Lettuce Products Recalled for Possible Contamination in Mississauga