Potentially Dangerous Fruit Being Recalled Across Canada
If you’ve bought fruit products from a grocery store lately then you might want to toss or return the items.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) announced an updated recall on Thursday (Sept. 6).
Monco Produce Inc. is recalling fresh lychees from the marketplace because they contain sulphites which are not declared on the label.
People with a sensitivity to sulphites should not consume the recalled product as it may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction, the CFIA advises.
There have been no reported reactions associated with the consumption of this product.
Lychees were sold from Aug. 7 up to and including Aug. 31.The affected product was sold in bulk or may have been packed by retail stores in B.C., Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, and possibly other provinces or territories.
Consumers who are unsure if they have purchased affected product should check with their retail store.
Check to see if you have recalled products in your home, the CFIA advises.Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
This recall was triggered by CFIA test results. The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public.
The CFIA says it’s “verifying that industry is removing recalled product from the marketplace.”
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Huge winning lottery ticket sold in Mississauga
- Potentially Dangerous Dairy Product Being Recalled from GTA Stores
- Burger Products Recalled Due to Potential Presence of Metal
- Popular Salad Product Recalled Due to Dangerous Bacteria
- Potentially Dangerous Seafood Products Being Recalled from Mississauga Store
- Potentially Dangerous Meat Products Being Recalled from Mississauga Stores