Potentially Dangerous Dairy Product Being Recalled from GTA Stores
If you’ve bought dairy products from a popular American grocery store that’s infiltrated the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), you might want to toss or return the items.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) announced an updated recall on Tuesday night (May 15) due to possible E. coli contamination.
Right now, Whole Foods Market is recalling Reblochon Cheese ‘raw cow cheese’ from the marketplace with ‘packed on’ dates from March 20 up to and including May 15.
Consumers should not eat the recalled product.
The cheese has been sold from the following Whole Foods Market locations in Ontario:
- 4771 Yonge St. in North York
- 301 Cornwall Rd. in Oakville
- 951 Bank St. in Ottawa
- 87 Avenue Rd. in Toronto.
If you have consumed these products and feel sick, see your doctor.
Food contaminated with E. coli may not look or smell spoiled, but it can make you sick. Symptoms to watch out for include nausea, vomiting, mild to severe abdominal cramps and watery to bloody diarrhea. In severe cases of illness, some people may have seizures or strokes, need blood transfusions and kidney dialysis or live with permanent kidney damage.
In very severe cases of illness, people may die.
This recall was triggered by a recall in another country.
The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is “verifying that industry is removing recalled product from the marketplace,” a news release reads.
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product in Canada but there have been reported illnesses in France linked to this product.
Find detailed information on the recall here.
Photo courtesy of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Two Overnight Shootings in Mississauga
- CLOSURE: Two Pakistani restaurants closed for health violations in Mississauga
- Paramedics attending highway collision in Mississauga
- World premiere of huge attraction coming to Square One in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Vehicle fire breaks out on highway in Mississauga
- Popular Flour Product Recalled for Contamination with Harmful Bacteria
- Popular Flour Being Recalled for Contamination with Harmful Bacteria
- Potentially Dangerous Meat Products Being Recalled from Mississauga Stores
- Ground Meat Products Recalled Due to Dangerous Bacteria
- Walmart beef products recalled in Mississauga