Port Credit Art Tour Coming to Mississauga
If you've never been on an art tour/crawl, you are missing out—they are straight up amazing.
Fortunately for everyone in Mississauga, residents (and visitors!) can check out the seventh annual Port Credit Art Tour this weekend.
This year, the tour will be showcasing 30 artists in 11 different locations along Lakeshore in Port Credit. Acclaimed artists will be showing off textiles, glass, jewellery, wood carvings and a variety of other fine art pieces (think painting and photography).
With the holiday season inching closer and closer every day (once Halloween wraps, no store will be free of Christmas decor and every cafe will release its festive holiday cups), the tour might prompt you to do some early Christmas shopping.
The shops participating in the tour include Terrah Essentials, Lakeshore Superette, Ladybug Harbor, Pazan Gallery, Splash of Charm, Allura Skin & Laser, Imagemaker, Zest for Living, Remax, Port Credit Library and Bill Bakerhouse Studio.
If you stop into one or more locations, you can purchase wares by Kathy Fenton (jewellery), Alison Syer (textiles), Charles Wakefield (fine arts) and other artisans.
To see where you can find specific goods, click here.
You can also do some research on participating artists here.
The tour will kick off on Saturday, Oct. 22 and run from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. It will start again on Sunday, Oct. 23 at 11:00 a.m. and wrap up at 4:00 p.m.
Happy shopping, everybody.
Cover photo of Rekha Pevekar's piece, courtesy of www.portcreditarttour.ca
- 121 workers at Mississauga's Gateway postal facility test positive for COVID-19
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content
- Two provinces hardest hit by COVID-19 see cases trend downward over last-week totals
- Changes coming to garbage pickup this winter in Mississauga
- York Region shares list of box stores fined over violations of COVID-19 rules