Popular Toronto Bakery Now Open in Mississauga
Are you in the mood for a Cheesecake Factory cheesecake, but can’t make it down to Yorkdale in the near future?
If that’s the case, fear not—a new bakery that offers those very same line-inducing cakes (along with a slew of other sweets) is now open in Mississauga.
A few short weeks ago, Crown Pastries, a bakery specializing in Middle Eastern sweets, celebrated the grand opening of its newest Mississauga location.
The brand also operates a store in Scarborough.
According to the brand’s website, Crown Pastries had its beginnings in Aleppo, Syria.
The website says that Rasoul and Ismail Salha worked in their grandfather’s sweets store growing up, learning how to make baklava and other popular sweets.
The brothers opened their first Crown Pastries location in 2009, which offers both in-store and catering services.
As far as food goes, the bakery offers baklava, mammoul, shabiatt, macaroons, Cheesecake Factory cheesecakes and more.
So if you’re in the mood for some baklava, you now have a new place to check out.
Cover photo courtesy of Crown Pastries official Instagram account
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Here's how the vaccine will be rolled out in Mississauga
- Ford ousts Tory legislator from caucus after anti-lockdown letter
- Enforcement of Ontario’s new stay-at-home orders: an explanation
- Peel Police say Mississauga residents are calling 911 to find out if it is okay to go out