Popular Toronto Bakery Now Open in Mississauga
Are you in the mood for a Cheesecake Factory cheesecake, but can’t make it down to Yorkdale in the near future?
If that’s the case, fear not—a new bakery that offers those very same line-inducing cakes (along with a slew of other sweets) is now open in Mississauga.
A few short weeks ago, Crown Pastries, a bakery specializing in Middle Eastern sweets, celebrated the grand opening of its newest Mississauga location.
The brand also operates a store in Scarborough.
According to the brand’s website, Crown Pastries had its beginnings in Aleppo, Syria.
The website says that Rasoul and Ismail Salha worked in their grandfather’s sweets store growing up, learning how to make baklava and other popular sweets.
The brothers opened their first Crown Pastries location in 2009, which offers both in-store and catering services.
As far as food goes, the bakery offers baklava, mammoul, shabiatt, macaroons, Cheesecake Factory cheesecakes and more.
So if you’re in the mood for some baklava, you now have a new place to check out.
Cover photo courtesy of Crown Pastries official Instagram account
- More parkland is coming to one of Mississauga’s busiest neighbourhoods
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Peel
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office
- Province says two-way, all-day service in the works for GO Train line that runs through Mississauga