Popular Tampon Brand Recalling Certain Products
A popular tampon brand has recently recalled a certain product.
Kimberly-Clark announced a voluntary product recall of its U by Kotex Sleek Tampons, Regular Absorbency, that have been sold throughout the United States and Canada.
According to a recent press release, the recall was a result of a quality-related defect that could hinder the performance of the product. Kimberly-Clark received complaints regarding this product unraveling and/or coming apart upon removal. In some cases, these issues caused users to seek medical attention in order to remove tampon pieces left in their body.
There also have been some reports of infections, vaginal irritation, localized vaginal injury, and other symptoms.
The recall, according to the press release, is limited to specific lots of the product that were manufactured between Oct. 7, 2016 and Oct. 16, 2018 and distributed between Oct. 17, 2016 and Oct. 23, 2018.
Consumers can identify this product by looking for specific lot numbers found on the bottom of the package. A full list of recalled lot numbers can be found on the U by Kotex(r) website.
Retailers have been informed to remove the recalled products from shelves and to post a notification in their stores.
Currently, no other U by Kotex-branded products has been impacted by this recall.
Anyone who has this product should stop using it instantly and contact Kimberly-Clark’s Consumer Service team at 1-888-255-3499.
Consumers who experience vaginal injury (pain, bleeding, or discomfort), vaginal irritation (itching or swelling), urogenital infections (bladder and/or vaginal bacterial and/or yeast infections), or other symptoms such as hot flashes, abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting following use of the impacted product have been advised to seek immediate medical attention.
Canadian health care professionals and consumers can report device-related incidents directly to Health Canada by completing a Health Product Complaint Form.
- PHOTOS: First Look at Massive Entertainment Facility Opening Today in Square One in Mississauga
- An Unexpected Shop is Opening Soon in Square One in Mississauga
- Numerous Flights Cancelled Following Fire at Pearson Airport
- Top 5 Greek Restaurants in Mississauga
- 18-Year-Old Mississauga Tennis Star Wins Indian Wells Title in California Tournament
- Popular Flour Product Recalled for Contamination with Harmful Bacteria
- This Product has Been Recalled Due to Possible Dangerous Bacteria
- Chicken Product Recalled Due to Potential Contamination in Mississauga
- Popular Baby Product Recalled for Being a Fire Hazard
- Potentially Dangerous Dairy Product Being Recalled from GTA Stores