Popular Seafood Restaurant Closes Down in Mississauga
If you've had a hankering for seafood (with a little side dish of stand-up comedy), you might be surprised to hear that a relatively long-standing seafood resto and wine bar has shuttered its doors.
Walkers Wine Bar and Grill in Mississauga, an upscale casual seafood restaurant that was also known for hosting stand-up comedians as part of its The Comedy Nest at Walkers initiative, closed down on Oct. 1.
According to signage posted on the door, the restaurant is being renovated and rebranded.
Recently, a sign appeared on the door of the establishment that reads:
"Dear Valued Guests,
Walkers will be closing its doors on Sunday, Oct. 1 at 8pm for a major renovation & and re-branding.
We will keep you updated & look forward to seeing you in the near future."
Judging by the mail left near the door, the restaurant hasn't been attended since it closed over the weekend.
We will keep you updated on details about what might take the resto's place as they emerge.
- Peel confirms COVID-19 outbreaks at two long-term care homes in Mississauga
- Outbreak at Mississauga long-term care home after staff member tests positive for COVID-19
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- LATEST: Ontario up to 3,630 confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 248 in Mississauga
- Nearly 10 per cent of restaurants have had to close permanently due to COVID-19