Popular Sandwich Joint Opens First Mississauga Location
If you're looking for a new lunch (or dinner) option, you are in luck—a brand new sandwich joint with multiple locations in Canada, the U.S., Mexico and Puerto Rico just opened its doors in Mississauga.
Firehouse Subs recently announced that a local franchisee duo opened the brand's first Mississauga location.
Located at on Airport Road near the International Centre in the Malton neighbourhood, the restaurant is open seven days a week and serves what it calls "fully involved" sandwiches comprised of premium meats and cheeses, fresh produce and condiments.
The brand new Mississauga space is the 16th Canadian location for the fast casual restaurant chain and the second Ontario restaurant in Ontario for operators Adam Arefian and Nick Lebastchi, who signed a multi-unit franchise agreement to develop eight restaurants in the Mississauga and Oakville area.
As far as the menu goes, Firehouse Subs offers medium and large hot specialty subs, including its signature Hook & Ladder sub, served with smoked turkey breast and Virginia honey ham smothered with Monterey Jack cheese.
Firehouse Subs also offer an assortment of 50+ complimentary hot sauces, including Captain Sorensen's Datil Pepper Hot Sauce, named after the founding brothers' father, Rob Sorensen, a 43-year retired fire captain. As far as beverages go, the resto boasts a touch-screen operated Coca-Cola Freestyle fountain with over 120 sparkling and still drinks and over 70 regular and low-calorie options.
Sticking with the firehouse theme, the new Mississauga restaurant decor boasts a custom, hand-painted mural by chief mural artist Joe Puskas depicting a firetruck plane hybrid soaring over Pearson Airport.
Operators say that, since the opening of the first Firehouse Subs in 1994, Puskas and his team have painted more than 1,130 murals from his studio at Firehouse Subs Headquarters in Jacksonville, Fla.
The resto also founded the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation of Canada, which provides funding, life-saving equipment and education opportunities to first responders and public safety organizations.
The restaurant officially opened on June 15.
- Peel Police Investigating Strange Odour In Mississauga
- Emergency Services Responding To Active House Fire in Mississauga
- Here's How You Can Get A Dozen Doughnuts For $1 This Week
- Police Searching for Possible Contractor Wanted for Uttering Threats in Mississauga
- A Flood Outlook is Currently in Effect for Mississauga
- Popular Casual Restaurant Opens Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Mexican Restaurant Opens First Mississauga Location
- Popular Restaurant Officially Opens Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Well-Known Mexican Restaurant Opening Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Popular and Growing Restaurant Chain Opens Brand New Location in Mississauga