Popular rideshare company opens new hub in Mississauga
Lyft, a popular rideshare company that, along with Uber, has changed the driver-for-hire world forever, recently announced that it has opened a new permanent hub in Mississauga.
Lyft said the new hub, which will offer in-person support to drivers, is located at 5036 Satellite Dr, Unit #E3.
The new location is Lyft’s second permanent hub in Ontario, with the first opening in Ottawa in July 2019.
In a news release, the company said the hub is strategically located to better serve drivers, the majority of whom live on the west side of the GTHA. The company said the new hub features more parking spots and 29 charging stations for hybrid and electric vehicles.
Lyft staff at the new hub speak English, French, Arabic and Portuguese.
The company said the move comes as part of Lyft’s ongoing efforts to support drivers, many of whom are leaning on Lyft as a source of income amid the pandemic. Lyft also said that it has expanded and now operates in Hamilton, Halton, Peel, York and most parts of Durham region.
In July, Lyft also made Express Pay available in Canada to ensure drivers could cash out in real-time -- and up to five times a day.
“We’re always looking for new opportunities to better serve the needs of drivers and we solicited their input when considering a new hub. We heard drivers loud and clear - location and parking were key - so we’re excited to offer this new, spacious, conveniently located Hub in Mississauga,” said Hannah Parish, Lyft’s Ontario General Manager, in a statement.
“The new hub, combined with the introduction of Express Pay and our expanded GTHA service area, will all help drivers earn more easily.”
Cover photo courtesy of Lyft’s official Facebook page
- Lyft adds MiWay information to its app for Mississauga riders
- GO Transit Launches Partnership with Lyft at Select Stations
- Taxi Drivers Demanding Compensation from Mississauga Over Revenue Lost to Uber and Lyft
- PICK A SIDE: Where do you sit in an Uber/Lyft
- City Council Finally Legalizes Uber And Lyft In Mississauga
- Brampton father found guilty in severe malnutrition of his 21-month-old daughter
- WATCH: Hamilton Police release video of Barton Street shooting
- Hudson's Bay may be in 'shirt' over a taboo typo in Canada
- Big deals happening at a new clothing and accessories store at Dixie Outlet Mall in Mississauga
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in