Popular Restaurant Gutted by Fire Finally Reopens in Mississauga
Rising from the ashes like a beautiful, tasty phoenix, a popular restaurant that was once beloved by diners both in and outside of the Streetsville community is finally (finally!) serving customers its savoury wares once more.
Yes, it’s true—On-Z-Rocks Mediterranean Grill is back (and, perhaps, better than ever).
Back in 2015, everyone was shocked to learn that On-Z-Rocks (one of our Top 5 shawarma places) went up in flames. That November, a major fire started in the restaurant around 5:00 p.m. and promptly gutted it.
The massive two-alarm blaze sent 60 firefighters to 180 Queen Street South to control the blaze. While no injuries were reported in connection with the incident, initial reports indicated that the fire, which was suspected to have stemmed from an electrical problem, caused damage in excess of $500,000.
But now, the resto that was popular for its shawarma, souvlaki, shish tawook, gyros, falafel, house made sauces (including garlic sauce, tahini sauce and hot sauce) and savoury rice dishes, is back.
To celebrate the new opening, the resto is keeping its 2015 prices in effect for the time being.
So if you want to grab some “new” shawarma in Streetsville, let On-Z-Rocks know that you’re happy to have them back.
- Data suggests restaurants, gyms not responsible for spread of COVID-19 in Peel
- Tim Hortons giving away free coffee
- Worker at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- VIDEO: Police looking for suspect who burned American flag in Mississauga
- City plans to rename Mississauga library in honour of Hazel McCallion’s 100th birthday