Popular Restaurant Gutted by Fire Finally Reopens in Mississauga
Rising from the ashes like a beautiful, tasty phoenix, a popular restaurant that was once beloved by diners both in and outside of the Streetsville community is finally (finally!) serving customers its savoury wares once more.
Yes, it’s true—On-Z-Rocks Mediterranean Grill is back (and, perhaps, better than ever).
Back in 2015, everyone was shocked to learn that On-Z-Rocks (one of our Top 5 shawarma places) went up in flames. That November, a major fire started in the restaurant around 5:00 p.m. and promptly gutted it.
The massive two-alarm blaze sent 60 firefighters to 180 Queen Street South to control the blaze. While no injuries were reported in connection with the incident, initial reports indicated that the fire, which was suspected to have stemmed from an electrical problem, caused damage in excess of $500,000.
But now, the resto that was popular for its shawarma, souvlaki, shish tawook, gyros, falafel, house made sauces (including garlic sauce, tahini sauce and hot sauce) and savoury rice dishes, is back.
To celebrate the new opening, the resto is keeping its 2015 prices in effect for the time being.
So if you want to grab some “new” shawarma in Streetsville, let On-Z-Rocks know that you’re happy to have them back.
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Police discover remains of deceased infant in basement of Hamilton home
- Peel District School Board issues apology for racially insensitive content on internal webpage for staff
- Mississauga pressing to enter red-zone on March 9
- Mississauga council votes to oppose construction of new GTA highway