Popular Restaurant and Cafe Closes in Mississauga
If you regularly step into a long-standing and popular restaurant and cafe in the Meadowvale area, you might have been disappointed to see that one of your favourite places is currently closed.
Fortunately for you, it won't be closed for long.
Bukamaranga Bean and Bagel (also known as Buka’s), a Sauga gem that has been around for over 20 years, is temporarily closed for renovations.
The restaurant recently put up signage indicating it's out of service at the moment, but will be reopening as Buka Catering and Cafe.
According to the resto's voicemail, it will remain closed for the month of January and reopen with a rejuvenated look and feel in February.
The news will no doubt come as a relief to fans who were worried about the closure. Since Buka is located along Erin Mills Pkwy in the Meadowvale neighbourhood bordering Streetsville, it's the bagel stop for a ton of loyal customers from various neighbourhoods.
The fairly large space can seat at least 20 people and has a rustic feel with natural wood finishes, burlap finished table tops, metal chairs and large garage door windows that they open during the summer months.
Whether these features will remain once the resto reopens is for Buka to know and us to find out.
Buka's specialties include coffee and house-made bagels that come in ten different flavours, including whole wheat, plain, sesame seed, the works, cinnamon raisin, poppy seed, pumpernickel, blueberry, cheddar and herb and chocolate chip. They also make eight varieties of cream cheese in-house.
The resto also boasts a breakfast menu, sandwiches, soups and a selection of desserts, including brownies, cakes, tarts and muffins.
There is also a great selection of specialty beverages from coffee-based cappuccinos, lattes and mochaccinos to chai lattes, flavoured hot chocolate, milk steamers, hot apple cider and organic teas.
- Residents Devastated After Homeless Man’s Garden Destroyed in Mississauga
- Mississauga School in Lockdown After Weapon Reportedly Seen
- Police Release Warning to Residents Following Multiple Sexual Assaults in Mississauga
- Do You Know How to Use a Roundabout in Mississauga?
- New Bank Fraud Scam Circulating in Mississauga
- Top 5 Unique Indie Cafes in Mississauga
- Popular Pizza Restaurant Temporarily Closed in Mississauga
- Major Mexican Restaurant Temporarily Closed in Mississauga
- Popular Mississauga Restaurant Still Closed Following Ice Storm
- Here’s What’s Happening With a Popular Pho Place That Just Closed Down in Mississauga