Popular Professional Wrestler Coming to Mississauga Very Soon
Are you a big WWE fan?
If you are, you might be happy to hear that you can meet a wrestling superstar this coming weekend in Mississauga.
Toys”R”Us Canada recently announced that it will welcome Kurt Angle to its Mississauga store - located at 3150 Argentia Road - for a special meet and greet with fans.
Angle will be in the store from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday, August 10. The first 200 guests will have the opportunity to take a photo and receive an autograph.
In addition to the special meet and greet, attendees can enjoy additional photo opportunities with a life-size WWE wrestler standee and create their own replica WWE Title Belt. Attendees can participate in those events between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
For those who are unfamiliar with Angle, he's best known for winning multiple WWE championships and has competed against a who’s who of the wrestling world, including The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Triple H, Brock Lesnar, Rey Mysterio and the late Eddie Guerrero.
Outside of WWE, he has also competed in various independent wrestling promotions as well as TNA / Impact Wrestling before returning to WWE, where he was inducted into the 2017 Hall of Fame.
Angle’s most notable accomplishment is winning a gold medal for freestyle wrestling at the 1996 Summer Olympics with, as he has stated numerous times, with a “broken freakin’ neck." According to Wikipedia, Angle fractured two of his cervical vertebrae and herniated two discs.
All guests at the event will have the opportunity to take home a WWE collectors' poster.
With files from Alan Kan
- Could Mississauga Be Home to a Future WWE Wrestling Show?
- A Major Professional Wrestling Event is Coming to Mississauga
- Pro Wrestling Takes Over Celebration Square in Mississauga
- Cindy Crawford Coming to Popular Furniture Store in Mississauga
- Mississauga Councillor to Meet Walmart CEO Regarding New Store by Port Credit
- Province says two-way, all-day service in the works for GO Train line that runs through Mississauga
- Take a Left for Some of the Best Restaurants and Cafés in Mississauga
- The Lost Village of Summerville
- Police investigating after body found in storage facility in Mississauga
- A look at one of Mississauga’s best known--and most quaint--neighbourhoods