Popular Portuguese restaurant shuts down in Mississauga
If you were planning to visit one of Mississauga's better known Portuguese restaurants, you might be disappointed to hear that you can't grab a Bifana no Pao from there for at least a few more months.
Bairrada Churrasqueira, which boasts four locations, recently closed its popular Hillcrest Ave. restaurant.
On Bairrada Churrasqueira's voicemail, a spokesperson says that the restaurant has closed after 21 years in business due to the property being sold to developers.
The message says that the owners are currently looking for a new location, preferably close to the old Hillcrest restaurant.
The operators expect to reopen their Mississauga location by mid to late 2020, which is great news for anyone with a hankering for their much-loved Portuguese chicken (the restaurant is number 2 on insauga’s Top 5 Portuguese Restaurants list).
Here’s hoping that when they reopen, they bring their exceptional wraparound patio with them.
The restaurant will continue to offer catering services.
Customers with any questions should contact the brand's College St. location for more information.
- Happy 99th birthday, Hazel - Hazel McCallion's photos through the years
- Police searching for sex trafficking offender known to frequent GTA
- Raptors’ superfan donates $150,000 for new basketball courts in Mississauga
- Raptors' superfan honoured by Basketball Hall of Fame
- Three schools in hold and secure following bank robbery in Mississauga
- Popular Portuguese Chicken Joint Expanding in Mississauga
- Top 5 Portuguese Chicken Joints in Mississauga
- Brand New Italian and Portuguese Dine-In and Takeout Restaurant Open in Mississauga
- Popular Casual Restaurant Opens Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Mississauga Portuguese Chicken Joint Expands to Oakville