Popular Portuguese Chicken Joint Expanding in Mississauga
If you love Portuguese chicken, you might be happy to hear that a popular restaurant is expanding and opening a brand new location in Mississauga.
Mario's BBQ—a long-standing Portuguese chicken hotspot that's located just south of Dundas on Hurontario in the 24-hour Shopper's Drug Mart plaza—is taking over the Streetsville spot once occupied by Zita’s Churrasqueira.
The owner of Mario's BBQ, Jimmy Ferreira, told insauga.com that the restaurant is being franchised and that the new location is slated to open its doors either this week or very early next.
He also hinted that a third location—no word on specifics regarding that just yet—is in the works.
As for what the popular resto typically offers, the menu is full of such traditional Portuguese dishes as grilled and rotisserie chicken, the resto's famous Piri Piri hot sauce, ribs, fish fillets and more.
Operators should be announcing a larger grand opening in the coming weeks.
- Mississauga Portuguese Chicken Joint Expands to Oakville
- Top 5 Portuguese Chicken Joints in Mississauga
- Popular Portuguese restaurant shuts down in Mississauga
- Free Portuguese Chicken Coming to Mississauga For One Day Only
- Popular Southern African Chicken Hotspot Opens Brand New Restaurant in Mississauga
- Arrest made after vehicle travelled wrong way on Hwy 403 Mississauga
- Police on scene for males fighting with bats in Mississauga
- Ontario to announce plans for Stage 3 of reopening as COVID-19 spread slows
- Ontario set to announce plans for Stage 3 of COVID reopening
- UPDATE: 82 year old motorcyclist dead following crash in Mississauga