Popular Portuguese Chicken Joint Expanding in Mississauga
If you love Portuguese chicken, you might be happy to hear that a popular restaurant is expanding and opening a brand new location in Mississauga.
Mario's BBQ—a long-standing Portuguese chicken hotspot that's located just south of Dundas on Hurontario in the 24-hour Shopper's Drug Mart plaza—is taking over the Streetsville spot once occupied by Zita’s Churrasqueira.
The owner of Mario's BBQ, Jimmy Ferreira, told insauga.com that the restaurant is being franchised and that the new location is slated to open its doors either this week or very early next.
He also hinted that a third location—no word on specifics regarding that just yet—is in the works.
As for what the popular resto typically offers, the menu is full of such traditional Portuguese dishes as grilled and rotisserie chicken, the resto's famous Piri Piri hot sauce, ribs, fish fillets and more.
Operators should be announcing a larger grand opening in the coming weeks.
- Mississauga Could Soon Be Home to Amazon’s Second North American Headquarters
- Peel Region PC Candidates Split Over Endorsements in Leadership Race
- What's Open and Closed Family Day in Mississauga
- What Does $300,000 Get You in Mississauga Compared to Other Cities?
- 5 Amazing Places to See the Sunset in Mississauga
- Top 5 Portuguese Chicken Joints in Mississauga
- Popular Toronto Ramen Restaurant Opening Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Popular Jamaican Restaurant Opens New Location in Mississauga
- Popular International Restaurant Opening First Canadian Location in Mississauga
- Brand New Italian and Portuguese Dine-In and Takeout Restaurant Open in Mississauga