Popular Oakville restaurant opens in downtown Hamilton
Published December 8, 2022 at 7:22 pm
In time for the final fortnight before Christmas, Plank Augusta restobar has begun serving foodies in Hamilton.
The sister location of the well-regarded Oakville waterfront eatery announced Thursday (Dec. 8) at 18 Augusta St. on the ground floor of a new hotel, The Laundry Rooms. It joins a veritable restaurant row between Hughson and James streets that includes the likes of B-Side Social, The Pheasant Plucker and The Ship.
“Plank Augusta is open as of NOW!” an Instagram post on Thursday read.
Plank has built a following over a decade by focusing on food that is fresh, seasonal and locally sourced. The Augusta location is open daily at 11 a.m., closing at 11 p.m. on weeknights, midnight on Friday and Saturday, and 10 p.m. on Sunday. It emphasizes small plates and artisanal pizzas.
Cleverly named creations include:
- Blow Torch Salmon (salmon sashimi, sticky rice)
- Cowboy Mac ‘n’ Cheese (made with Korean barbecue short ribs, grilled scallions and pecorino pangrattato
- Shroomin’ Out pizza (Foraged mushrooms, confit whole garlic, leeks, fior di latte, truffle oil)
- Take a Bao (Korean fried chicken — or fried tofu — on steamed buns)
- The Big Macka (Crisp risotto balls stuffed with seasoned beef, American cheese)
A drink menu that includes craft cocktails and mocktails also runs to six pages.
View this post on Instagram
Plank is operated by Catch Hospitality Group, which has six different restaurant concepts.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising