Popular Mississauga shawarma joint temporarily closes two locations
Editor’s note: The owners have clarified that the closures are temporary and the locations will be reopening in the New Year. We regret the error. The article has been edited to reflect new information.
A popular shawarma joint that has been serving customers in Mississauga and Brampton has temporarily closed two of their restaurants.
The Shawarma Royale located at 980 Burnhamthorpe Road East (Tomken/Burnhamthorpe) in Mississauga has closed.
As well, a second location at 85 Montpelier Street in Brampton has closed, however, their Brampton Park North location (2740 N Park Dr. Unit #30) is still open for business.
One of our staff writers at Insauga went out to confirm this closure and spoke to an employee at an establishment that was open.
A spokesperson from Shawarma Royale has since confirmed that both locations will reopen in January 2021.
Shawarma lovers should note that there is a new location that recently opened on December 5 at 325 Central Parkway West Unit #22 and their first location at Erin Mills Parkway and Britannia is still open in Mississauga.
The resto is known for their flavourful wraps and plates and is quite high on the list of Top 5 shawarma spots in the city.
- Here’s What Happened to a Very Popular Shawarma Joint That Suddenly Closed in Mississauga
- International Shawarma Joint Opens First Canadian Location in Mississauga
- Mississauga's Most Popular Shawarma Joint Opens New Location Near Square One
- Popular Shawarma Joints Opens Up Another Location in Mississauga
- Popular Shawarma Restaurant Closes Down in Mississauga
- 100% of recent Mississauga and Brampton COVID patients not fully vaccinated
- Police investigating "reports of possible gunshots" in Brampton
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children
- House fire in Brampton leads to police diverting traffic