Popular Mississauga Restaurant Still Closed Following Ice Storm
A popular and long-standing Mississauga restaurant is still closed—but expects to open soon—following the unprecedented ice storm that blew through southern Ontario less than two weeks ago, covering Mississauga and surrounding cities with ice, sleet, slush and snow.
Royal Jasmine, a well known Indian and Chinese hakka restaurant located in the Dixie and Matheson area, appears to have been closed since the ice storm.
"We at Royal Jasmine have to unfortunately shut down our restaurant briefly for the first time since our opening over 8 years ago," a letter posted on the door (and to the restaurant's website and Facebook page) reads.
"The recent ice storm created extensive damages. We are currently awaiting construction work to begin [to] ratify and remake our external and internal renovation."
According to the resto's website, the plaza's roof sustained severe damage during the storm.
In the letter, restaurant operators say they plan on inviting guests and customers back to the restaurant with a promotion once the repairs are complete.
Operators say the restaurant should reopen in the coming weeks.
- Popular Chinese restaurant in Mississauga closes its doors
- Popular Indian Restaurant Closes in Mississauga
- CLOSURE: Hakka & Indian restaurant closed for health violations in Mississauga
- Long-standing (and much-loved) Chinese restaurant closes in Mississauga
- Here’s What’s Replacing a Once-Popular Restaurant That Closed Down in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Canada Post employee dies of COVID-19 following massive outbreak at Mississauga Gateway facility
- Startling study shows people ignore COVID symptoms and continue to work in Mississauga and Brampton
- Ontario pediatricians calling on Province to reopen schools as soon as possible
- Furry fear-mongering: Coexisting with coyotes (and other wildlife)
- 16-year-old charged with attempted murder in Mississauga