Popular Mississauga Restaurant Still Closed Following Ice Storm
A popular and long-standing Mississauga restaurant is still closed—but expects to open soon—following the unprecedented ice storm that blew through southern Ontario less than two weeks ago, covering Mississauga and surrounding cities with ice, sleet, slush and snow.
Royal Jasmine, a well known Indian and Chinese hakka restaurant located in the Dixie and Matheson area, appears to have been closed since the ice storm.
"We at Royal Jasmine have to unfortunately shut down our restaurant briefly for the first time since our opening over 8 years ago," a letter posted on the door (and to the restaurant's website and Facebook page) reads.
"The recent ice storm created extensive damages. We are currently awaiting construction work to begin [to] ratify and remake our external and internal renovation."
According to the resto's website, the plaza's roof sustained severe damage during the storm.
In the letter, restaurant operators say they plan on inviting guests and customers back to the restaurant with a promotion once the repairs are complete.
Operators say the restaurant should reopen in the coming weeks.
- Police Seeking Second Suspect in Murder of 14 Year Old Boy in Mississauga
- CLOSURE: Well Known Mississauga Buffet Restaurant Closed for Health Violations
- 5 Worst Parking Lots in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Body of Murdered 14-Year-Old Boy Found in Park Area in Mississauga
- Mississauga Company Facing Huge Fine After Worker Dies on Site