Popular Mississauga restaurant opens luxury tent to keep diners comfortable amid the COVID shutdown
The rollback to "Stage 2 lite" couldn't have come at a worse time for Mississauga restaurateurs, as the weather is worsening (which makes patio dining less attractive) and it's hard (well, impossible) to know if indoor dining will be permitted come Nov. 6 (the 28-day rollback was never set in stone).
One restauranteur, however, is hoping to make the most of the rollback by erecting a luxury outdoor dining space that will keep diners warm when they settle down to a special steak or seafood dinner.
La Castile, an upscale culinary mainstay that's been serving diners since 1971, now boasts a spacious outdoor dining area (that comes complete with a chandelier) that allows people to enjoy al fresco dining in style.
The outdoor dining space complies with all public health recommendations, as two sides (at a minimum) are always open.
"The feedback from our guests has been very positive," a restaurant spokesperson told insauga.com.
"They are thankful that we have a luxury heated dining area where they can enjoy our delicious charcoal-broiled steaks and succulent seafood in an outdoor heated space."
The luxury outdoor dining space, which is completely winterized, opened on Oct. 23.
As far as food goes, La Castile is well-known for its decadent steak and seafood dishes and combos and offers oysters, shrimp, multiple cuts of steak (filet mignon, ribeye and prime rib, to name a few), lobster, scallops, chicken Neptune, Alaskan king crab legs, lamb, pork chops and more.
The restaurant is open Monday through Friday for lunch and dinner and is open for dinner service on Saturday.
Reservations are required, as space is limited as all of the tables are physically distanced.
Editor’s note: This article has been updated to clarify that the outdoor dining space is partially open as to comply with public health requirements
- Mississauga restaurant allows diners to tailgate as patio dining remains closed
- Brand New Casual Dining Restaurant Now Open in Mississauga
- Stores and patio dining now open at Heartland Town Centre in Mississauga
- Mississauga restaurateurs plead for help amid second indoor dining ban
- September a possible return to restaurant indoor dining cited by Mississauga mayor
- Motorcyclist dead following late-night crash in Brampton
- Mississauga enters first stage of reopening as COVID-19 restrictions loosen across Ontario
- UPDATE: Suspect sought in Milton restaurant robbery
- Mississauga murder victim identified, police seek witnesses
- Province accelerates date when residents of Mississauga and Brampton can get second COVID-19 vaccination