Popular Mississauga blues festival can be enjoyed this weekend from the comfort of home
The 22nd edition of the Tim Hortons Southside Shuffle Blues and Jazz Festival is a little different this year in that fans can now enjoy it from the comfort of home.
Picturesque Port Credit is usually the backdrop for this incredibly popular festival, but the COVID-19 pandemic has forced festival organizers to rethink how they deliver their world-class programming to blues lovers.
"This year's virtual house party is bringing a world of blues into your home," the festival's website says.
The virtual festival kicked off Thursday night (Sept. 10) and carries on through Sunday (Sept. 13), with music every night starting at 8 p.m.
Friday night features a tribute to the legendary Etta James and Saturday honours the songbook of Carole King and a host of other performances from renowned blues artists throughout the weekend.
Also, organizers are also giving viewers a chance to win a pair of weekend passes to next year's festival and an official poster signed by Chuck Jackson by asking fans to fill out a survey each night of the virtual Southside Shuffle.
For more information on the festival and to check out the schedule, visit the website.
Photo: Tim Hortons Southside Shuffle Jazz and Blues Festival Facebook
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Hamilton Police release photo of suspects accused of killing Tyler Pratt in Stoney Creek
- Ontario will decide today what level of restrictions to place Mississauga and Brampton
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month