Popular Mexican restaurant offering new cauliflower rice menu options
Good news for fans of Chipotle who also adhere to the keto diet--the popular Mexican restaurant has announced a new cauliflower rice option.
For a limited time, Chipotle will be offering Cilantro-Lime Cauliflower Rice options at U.S. and Canadian locations.
The new, plant-based option is made with freshly grilled, riced cauliflower, hand-chopped cilantro, lime, and salt--it's prepared in-restaurant every day.
It is compatible with many current diets, including keto, paleo, vegan, and vegetarian--it only has four grams of carbs per serving.
Additionally, to celebrate the launch of the new menu item, Chipotle is unveiling three new variations of its Lifestyle Bowls made with cauliflower rice.
The Keto Bowl, made with Cilantro-Lime Cauliflower Rice, chicken, tomatillo-red salsa, cheese, and guac; the Vegetarian Salad Bowl, made with Supergreens lettuce blend, Cilantro-Lime Cauliflower Rice, black beans, fajita veggies, fresh tomato salsa, and guac; and the Vegan Bowl, made with Cilantro-Lime Cauliflower Rice, black beans, sofritas, fresh tomato salsa, roasted chili-corn salsa, and romaine lettuce.
“Chipotle fans have been craving more plant-powered, better-for-you options that align with the latest health trends and emphasize the benefits of real food,” Chris Brandt, Chief Marketing Officer for Chipotle said in a news release.
“That’s why we are thrilled to offer Cauliflower Rice nationally and help our fans achieve their diet or lifestyle goals," he continued.
Cover photo courtesy of Chipotle via Twitter
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Enforcement of Ontario’s new stay-at-home orders: an explanation
- Peel Police say Mississauga residents are calling 911 to find out if it is okay to go out
- Ontario announces blitz of big-box stores in Mississauga following declaration of stay at home order
- Starbucks says closure of up to 300 stores in Canada to be completed by end of March