Popular Italian Restaurant Set to Leave Mississauga
People who have loved dining at Villa Sorrentino, located on Lakeshore Road East, over the past two decades might be disappointed to learn that one of their favourite restaurants—and one that has more than stood the test of time—is shuttering its doors and moving on to (quite literally, actually) greener pastures.
The long-standing Italian resto, known for its authentic menu and impressive list of rare and imported wines, is closing its Mississauga location this weekend and moving to Caledon to take over the Villa Caledon Inn.
The restaurant’s new address will be 16626 Airport Road.
While operators are excited about the new destination restaurant, the move will no doubt disappoint diners who frequented the beloved restaurant for years.
Villa Sorrento made insauga.com's list of Top 5 Under the Radar Italian Restaurants for its old-school charm (and that massive mural that takes up one side of the facility), friendly owner, grand piano weekends and delicious food.
While we wish the operators the best of luck in their new location, we do know they’ll be missed in our neck of the woods.
- 5 Restaurants That Closed Their Doors in 2017
- Top 5 Under the Radar Italian Restaurants in Mississauga
- Well-Known Mississauga Resto Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Italian Restaurants
- Delicious New Menu Items Coming to This Authentic Italian Restaurant in Mississauga
- New Italian street food restaurant opening in Mississauga soon
- How Dundas & Hurontario Looked Back in the Day
- Ontario ticket holder claims $1 million Maxmillion prize
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - January 18, 2021
- Here’s what you need to know about the Province’s stay-at-home order
- Ontario sees signficiant drop in new COVID-19 cases today, Peel Region numbers remain steady