Popular International Store Opening Very First Mississauga Location This Weekend
If you love stunningly affordable goods, you are in luck—an internationally beloved store has officially made its way to Mississauga and will be open for business this weekend.
Recently, we found out that Erin Mills Town Centre (EMTC)—the longstanding mall that recently made headlines for its multi-million dollar facelift (and fresh new futuristic sphere)—was about to welcome Miniso.
Now, it looks like shoppers will be free to check out the store's wares this weekend.
Miniso, a Japanese lifestyle brand and Chinese variety retailer, is a unique discount store that will likely give the popular Dollarama brand a run for its money. The brand, which recently opened a new location in Bramalea City Centre, is also headed to Square One and the Eaton Centre.
While this will be Miniso's eighth location in Ontario, it will be its first in Mississauga.
The store will host a grand opening event on Sunday, April 15 at 11:00 a.m.
"We are happy to welcome Miniso to Erin Mills Town Centre and excited to offer our patrons this unique shopping experience" says Francesca Bourre, marketing director at Erin Mills Town Centre.
This weekend, Miniso executives, partners and shoppers are invited to attend a ribbon cutting ceremony during the grand opening.
EMTC says the first 98 shoppers will receive a surprise gift with a purchase over $10. Also, the very first customer in line will receive a grand prize.
Miniso is known for selling low price but high quality products, including cosmetics, accessories, stationery, electronics accessories, home decor, kitchenware, and snacks. According to the brands' website, the brand launches new products every seven days, so shoppers probably won't get bored of the inventory anytime soon.
In terms of prices, the products are indeed affordable. In fact, the majority of Miniso's products range from $2.99 to $5 (although you can find some items that cost a little more, if you feel like treating yo’self).
While the retailer specializes in affordable goods, its Canadian expansion is evident of a thirst for well-established Asian retailers. Over the past few years, other Japanese brands such as Muji and Uniqlo have started calling major Canadian shopping centres home. And while Miniso's signage and branding are reminiscent of Uniqlo, Miniso considers the higher-end brand a competitor.
Miniso has already opened a total of 23 stores within the span of a year in the Metro Vancouver and GTA regions. The brand plans to open between 30 to 50 stores in Canada throughout
2018/2019 with as many as 500 Canadian stores expected over the coming years.
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Mississauga: April 14-20
- What the Ontario Parties are Offering in the 2018 Election
- Fun New Food Spot Opening in Square One in Mississauga
- Mississauga’s Most Notorious Murder Case - Peter Demeter
- One of the Year’s Most Anticipated Restaurants is Officially Opening in Mississauga
- Popular International Store Coming to Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Unique International Discount Store Opening Brand New Location in Square One in Mississauga
- Popular Japanese Store Launching Canadian Expansion
- Three New Big-Name Brands Coming to Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Brand New Store Celebrating Grand Opening in Square One Today