Popular International Restaurant Opens First Canadian Location in Mississauga
Although new restaurants are almost always exciting, they're always a little extra special when they're the first of their kind in the country.
And now, after months of waiting, diners who have been eagerly anticipating the opening of a well-known brand can have all the lamb soup and sahaweg they want.
Mandilicious, a popular United Arab Emirates (UAE) restaurant with locations in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Ras Al Khaimah, just opened its first Canadian location in a plaza in the Dixie Road and Eglinton Ave. area.
The resto opened at the end of October.
The expanding brand is, according to its website, "inspired by Arabia's legendary hospitality." The resto offers traditional dishes from across the Arabian Peninsula and serves them in a "modern food court setting."
The restaurant, founded in 2013, says it's the world's first restaurant to serve traditional, slow-cooked "Cuisine of Arabia" in a quick-service setting.
As far as the menu goes, diners can enjoy mandi (a special "steam grilling" process that locks in juices and flavours) mutton, mandi lamb, yogurt dip, house salad, desserts and more.
- Popular International Restaurant Opening First Canadian Location in Mississauga
- Popular Casual Restaurant Opens Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Popular Restaurant Officially Opens Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Brand new restaurant takes over old Pizza Hut location in Mississauga
- Popular Restaurant Set to Open Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Mississauga
- Police responding to large disturbance after fight breaks out in Mississauga
- Police on scene for males fighting with bats in Mississauga
- Officers searching for male on inflatable tube in river in Mississauga
- Hugely popular dessert restaurant coming to Heartland Town Centre in Mississauga