Popular Indian Restaurant Set to Open New Location in Mississauga
There’s no shortage of exceptional Indian (or South Asian in general, really) cuisine in Mississauga, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t room for one more—even if that restaurant is familiar to Mississauga diners.
Somewhat recently, Godavari South Indian Grandmother’s Kitchen—a South Asian restaurant specializing exclusively in vegetarian cuisine—closed its doors.
The restaurant was once located in the former Cherry Hill House (located at 680 Silver Creek Blvd.), but wound up closing that location within a year or so.
Prior to Godavari taking over the reportedly haunted space, a short-lived (and very unique) restaurant called Penny’s Favourites occupied the legendary 5,000 square foot home. Penny’s opened in August 2016 and closed later that year.
It makes one wonder whether or not the house—supposedly the site of a number of supernatural occurrences—is, in fact, a little cursed.
But cursed though the location may be, Godavari is making a comeback.
According to the brand’s Facebook page, the resto is opening a brand new location in the Derry Rd. and Airport Rd. area this Saturday, Aug. 11.
As for what’s on the menu, the resto serves idli (steamed rice and lentil cakes), vada (lentil doughnuts), a slew of dosas (regular, paper, signature, rava and more), chapati (roti) and more.
Thali is also available on weekends.
- Popular Restaurant Officially Opens Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Brand New Sri Lankan and Indian Restaurant Now Open in Mississauga
- Penny’s Favorites Restaurant Opens at The Cherry Hill House
- Popular Restaurant Set to Open Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Unique Toronto Restaurant Opening Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Mississauga
- Police responding to large disturbance after fight breaks out in Mississauga
- Armed suspect flees after attempted carjacking in Mississauga
- Officers searching for male on inflatable tube in river in Mississauga
- Mississauga father celebrating big lotto win