Popular food festival returning to Mississauga soon
Mississauga is quickly becoming the city of food events, what with it hosting the recent Mac and Cheese Festival and preparing to welcome the inaugural Craft Beer Festival next month.
Fortunately for diners who aren't into cheese or other meaty dishes, a popular vegan festival is returning for the third year in a row.
Mississauga Vegfest, the city's vegan food festival, is coming to Port Credit Memorial Arena on Saturday, May 23, 2020.
According to the event's Facebook page, over 60 vendors will showcase the GTHA's finest vegetable-based food, drink, clothing, accessories, and products. Advocate groups will also be on hand, and there will be activities for children (so parents can feel free to bring their little ones).
"Vegfest is the place for everyone from foodies, animal and earth lovers, to the health-conscious," the event page reads.
"Whether you just want to eat mouth-watering food or want to save the world, all are welcome to explore the life of animal-free alternatives to benefit humans, animals and the environment."
The vendors have not yet been announced, but anyone who wants to apply to sell their edible (or non-edible) wares can click here.
Admission to the festival is free.
Will you be attending Vegfest this year?
- Big banks reducing credit card rates
- Here’s how Mississauga students will be marked and evaluated during the COVID-19 shutdown
- PHOTOS: Trillium Health Partners building temporary pandemic response unit in Mississauga
- House prices officially dropping in Mississauga amid COVID-19 outbreak
- An employee of a Real Canadian Superstore in Mississauga has contracted COVID-19
- Unique New Food Festival Coming to Mississauga For First Time Ever
- A Huge Food Festival is Coming to Mississauga This Spring
- Here’s How Many Trendy Food Vendors Will Be at Japan Festival Canada in Mississauga
- Here's Everything You Need To Know About Mississauga's Food Festival Happening This Week
- Mac 'N Cheese Festival Coming to Mississauga