Popular food festival returning to Mississauga soon
Mississauga is quickly becoming the city of food events, what with it hosting the recent Mac and Cheese Festival and preparing to welcome the inaugural Craft Beer Festival next month.
Fortunately for diners who aren't into cheese or other meaty dishes, a popular vegan festival is returning for the third year in a row.
Mississauga Vegfest, the city's vegan food festival, is coming to Port Credit Memorial Arena on Saturday, May 23, 2020.
According to the event's Facebook page, over 60 vendors will showcase the GTHA's finest vegetable-based food, drink, clothing, accessories, and products. Advocate groups will also be on hand, and there will be activities for children (so parents can feel free to bring their little ones).
"Vegfest is the place for everyone from foodies, animal and earth lovers, to the health-conscious," the event page reads.
"Whether you just want to eat mouth-watering food or want to save the world, all are welcome to explore the life of animal-free alternatives to benefit humans, animals and the environment."
The vendors have not yet been announced, but anyone who wants to apply to sell their edible (or non-edible) wares can click here.
Admission to the festival is free.
Will you be attending Vegfest this year?
- Unique New Food Festival Coming to Mississauga For First Time Ever
- A Huge Food Festival is Coming to Mississauga This Spring
- Here’s How Many Trendy Food Vendors Will Be at Japan Festival Canada in Mississauga
- Here's Everything You Need To Know About Mississauga's Food Festival Happening This Week
- Mac 'N Cheese Festival Coming to Mississauga
- 401 closed as Mississauga woman killed in early morning collision
- Dump truck protest rolls onto highways in Mississauga and Brampton
- Alarming new record of COVID-19 cases set today in Mississauga and Brampton
- City of Mississauga planning controlled burn of portion of popular park this weekend
- Brampton truck driver charged for smuggling cocaine into Canada