Popular Food Delivery Service Launches in Mississauga
Another touch of urban life is coming to Mississauga.
If there's one thing some Mississauga residents envy, it's the average Torontonian's ability to order restaurant food directly to their door using a multitude of apps. We might have UberEats, but we don't have Ritual (which doesn't do home delivery, to be fair) or Foodora.
Now, however, we have DoorDash.
DoorDash, another tech company connecting customers with local restaurants through door-to-door delivery, just announced it’s expanding in the Greater Toronto Area, delivering from more than 1,000 local restaurants.
DoorDash currently operates in more than 600 cities across North America.
Starting now, DoorDash will be available across the Halton and Peel regions in Greater Toronto, meaning it's now available in Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, and Burlington.
Mississauga residents can order DoorDash between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. from a vast selection of local favourites, including Osmow’s, Supermoon Japanese Style Cheesecakes, Union Burger, and Michael’s Back Door Restaurant.
“We’re very excited to partner with DoorDash as they expand in Mississauga,” said Sam Osmow, Founder and Owner of Osmow’s. “Together with DoorDash we can satisfy our customers’ cravings for delicious Mediterranean food brought directly to their doorstep.”
Delivery fees at launch will range from free to $2.99.
To celebrate the launch, DoorDash will be delivering 100 free cheesecakes from Supermoon Japanese Cheesecakes on March 7.
DoorDash also says customers can get $10 off an order of $20 or more with promo code DASHGTA (valid until March 31).
“The Greater Toronto Area has been highly requested for a while now, and given the success in other Canadian markets it only made sense to expand to the area,” said Tony Xu, CEO, and co-founder of DoorDash. “Not only are we thrilled to launch in the GTA, we are also sharing the love by expanding to Vaughan, Markham, Scarborough, and Richmond Hill as well in March.”
The app is available for both Android and iPhone devices.
- Restaurants Offering Special Deals, Takeout, and Delivery at Mississauga’s Heartland Town Centre
- Extremely Popular Toronto Food Service Launches in Mississauga
- Major Food Delivery Service Lowers Fees in Mississauga
- Here's How You Can Get Free UberEATS Delivery in Mississauga
- Massive New Food Delivery Service Has Arrived in Mississauga
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station
- House of the Week: $3.8 mil Sheridan home luxurious features
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26