Popular Flour Product Recalled for Contamination with Harmful Bacteria
A popular brand of flour's recall has been extended to more products due to E. coli contamination concerns.
According to the Canadian Food Inspection Agency's (CFIA), Robin Hood brand Baker's Hood All Purpose Flour is now being recalled due to possible E. coli O121 contamination.
The recall has extended to these 20 kilogram bags of flour after several updates to the initial recall of Robin Hood brand All Purpose Flour announced on March 28.
According to Health Canada, there have been reported illnesses associated with the flour, however, at this time, there have been no confirmed illnesses associated with the product identified in this Food Recall Warning.
The recall was triggered by findings by the CFIA during an investigation into a foodborne illness outbreak. The CFIA says it's verifying that the industry is removing the recalled product from the marketplace.
If you have this product in your home, you should dispose of it or return it to the store. Food contaminated with E. coli might not look or smell spoiled, but it can still make you sick. Symptoms of E. coli include nausea, vomiting, mild to severe abdominal cramps and watery to bloody diarrhea.
In severe cases of illness, some people may have seizures or strokes, need blood transfusions and kidney dialysis or live with permanent kidney damage. In very severe cases of illness, people may die.
If you have consumed this product and feel sick, please contact your doctor.
For a full list of recalled products, click here.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Driver Charged After Travelling the Wrong Way on QEW in Mississauga
- New Store Now Open in Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Emergency Crews Responding to Truck Fire in Mississauga Parking Lot
- Rental Rates are Climbing Higher in Mississauga: Report
- Three Mississauga Residents Celebrating Group Lotto Win
- Popular Flour Being Recalled for Contamination with Harmful Bacteria
- Potentially Dangerous Dairy Product Being Recalled from GTA Stores
- Ground Meat Products Recalled Due to Dangerous Bacteria
- Chicken Product Recalled Due to Potential Contamination in Mississauga
- Potentially Dangerous Meat Products Being Recalled from Mississauga Stores