Popular Flour Being Recalled for Contamination with Harmful Bacteria
A popular brand of flour has been recalled due to E. coli contamination concerns.
Smucker Foods of Canada Corp. is recalling Robin Hood brand All Purpose Flour- Original from the marketplace due to possible E. coli O121 contamination. The affected products have lot codes that read BB/MA 2018 AL 17 and 6 291 548. The UPC code is 0 59000 01652 8.
According to the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA), the recall warning was initially issued on March 28 and has since been updated to include additional distribution information.
There has been one reported illness associated with the product.
The recall was triggered by findings by the CFIA during an investigation into a foodborne illness outbreak. The CFIA says it's verifying that the industry is removing the recalled product from the marketplace.
If you have this product in your home, you should dispose of it or return it to the store. Food contaminated with E. coli might not look or smell spoiled, but it can still make you sick. Symptoms of E. coli include nausea, vomiting, mild to severe abdominal cramps and watery to bloody diarrhea.
In severe cases of illness, some people may have seizures or strokes, need blood transfusions and kidney dialysis or live with permanent kidney damage. In very severe cases of illness, people may die.
If you have consumed this product and feel sick, please contact your doctor.
- PHOTOS: Police Searching for Break and Enter Suspect in Mississauga
- Changes Coming to a Building at Major Mississauga Intersection
- Police Searching For a Missing Woman Last Seen in Mississauga
- Peel Police Investigating Strange Odour In Mississauga
- Peel Police Searching For Suspect In Connection To Multiple Break And Enters In Mississauga
- Popular Flour Product Recalled for Contamination with Harmful Bacteria
- Potentially Dangerous Dairy Product Being Recalled from GTA Stores
- Ground Meat Products Recalled Due to Dangerous Bacteria
- Potentially Dangerous Meat Products Being Recalled from Mississauga Stores
- Chicken Product Recalled Due to Potential Contamination in Mississauga