Popular Dutch Department Store Chain Coming to Mississauga
Discount lovers should be aware, a popular department store chain from Europe is coming to Canada, starting with new locations in Ontario!
HEMA is a popular discount department store first founded in Amsterdam in the Netherlands and has more than 750 stores in 12 countries.
The company plans to open standalone stores and shop-in-shops in major Walmart stores across Ontario. The next step after that is expanding across the country.
“At Walmart, we are constantly looking for opportunities to bring quality products at great prices to our customers,” said Philip Behn, the General Manager & Head of Marketplace at Walmart. “As we expand our marketplace, we also create new opportunities for local and international sellers. HEMA, a distinctive brand from Holland, is a great example of a new partnership that will deliver choice for our customers.”
HEMA offers numerous products for a price that’s cheaper than most stores. It has 32,000 exclusive brand products and services.
“The expansion into North America is a historic step for HEMA, as our founders Leo Meyer and Arthur Isaac first saw dollar stores in that region almost 100 years ago,” said Tjeerd Jegen, the CEO of HEMA. “They introduced this concept to the Netherlands by opening the first HEMA store. We are particularly proud of our partnership with Walmart, the world’s largest retailer. This makes Walmart the ideal partner to start on the North American market. This collaboration also fits in perfectly with our international expansion strategy.”
The first stores are expected to open this year. HEMA also has plans to open in Walmarts in the U.S. this year.
The company will also add ‘Amsterdam’ to its brand name in the U.S. and Canada, so that by emphasizing its Dutch origins, HEMA can stand out in North America.
If you want to take a look at what products you can find at HEMA, you can visit the official UK website here.
Cover photo courtesy of HEMA’s Facebook
- Emergency Services Responding To Active House Fire in Mississauga
- Here's How You Can Get A Dozen Doughnuts For $1 This Week
- A Flood Outlook is Currently in Effect for Mississauga
- Police Searching for Possible Contractor Wanted for Uttering Threats in Mississauga
- Two Mississauga Women Celebrating Big Lotto Win
- Big Changes Coming to Numerous Walmart Locations
- Walmart to Stop Accepting Visa Cards in Canadian Stores
- Unique International Discount Store Now Open in Square One in Mississauga
- Unique International Discount Store Opening Brand New Location in Square One in Mississauga
- Popular American Beauty Store Chain Coming to Canada