Popular Deli Shuts Down in Mississauga
If you were in the mood for a reliably satisfying lunch in the form of a good ol' Montreal smoked meat sandwich, it looks like you have one less option in Mississauga.
Jody's Deli, which used to operate three locations (two in Toronto and one in Mississauga), appears to have closed its Dixie and Eglinton store.
The phone number is out of service and repeated emails to the brand to confirm the possible closure have all bounced back.
The closure comes as a bit of a surprise, as the resto only opened in 2016.
Jody’s Deli, a family run business named after the founder, Jody Kerimovski, was known for using meats that were prepared by a boutique butcher located in Montreal. The meats were prepped using Jody’s signature recipes and brought in weekly.
The menu offered a variety of classic deli sandwiches, including smoked meat (pepper crusted and smoked for 16 hours), corned beef (slow cooked in a mild spice brine), slow roasted beef, smoked turkey (white breast meat smoked for eight hours) and a variety of daily house-made sides.
It offered a modern take on an old school deli concept built on years of experience in the Montreal food scene, and it will certainly be missed.
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- Waste service changes coming to Mississauga amid COVID-19 outbreak