Popular Deli Shuts Down in Mississauga
If you were in the mood for a reliably satisfying lunch in the form of a good ol' Montreal smoked meat sandwich, it looks like you have one less option in Mississauga.
Jody's Deli, which used to operate three locations (two in Toronto and one in Mississauga), appears to have closed its Dixie and Eglinton store.
The phone number is out of service and repeated emails to the brand to confirm the possible closure have all bounced back.
The closure comes as a bit of a surprise, as the resto only opened in 2016.
Jody’s Deli, a family run business named after the founder, Jody Kerimovski, was known for using meats that were prepared by a boutique butcher located in Montreal. The meats were prepped using Jody’s signature recipes and brought in weekly.
The menu offered a variety of classic deli sandwiches, including smoked meat (pepper crusted and smoked for 16 hours), corned beef (slow cooked in a mild spice brine), slow roasted beef, smoked turkey (white breast meat smoked for eight hours) and a variety of daily house-made sides.
It offered a modern take on an old school deli concept built on years of experience in the Montreal food scene, and it will certainly be missed.
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Five-year-old child crossing road on bike in Mississauga dies after being struck by vehicle
- Weddings and buffets could be back as early as fall in Mississauga and Brampton
- BREAKING: All Mississauga and Brampton residents over 18 will be able to book vaccine appointments May 6
- Brampton bylaw officer assaulted while trying to break up birthday party