Popular Chinese Restaurant Opening Brand New Location in Mississauga
If you live, work or play on the city's east end, we have very good news for you.
A very popular—and very delicious—Chinese restaurant is opening a brand new location in your neck of the woods.
Congee Queen, which recently opened a stunning location in Heartland Town Centre, is opening a location on Dundas St. E., near the city's unofficial Chinatown (the one just west of the 427).
Photo courtesy of Stephanie Shao
If you haven't been to Congee Queen, you're in for a treat. The spacious, chic and tasty Congee Queen in Heartland Town Centre was a welcome addition to Mississauga’s thriving Asian food scene and it hit the ground running with its elegant interior and massive menu when it opened in 2017.
Now, it looks like it’s spreading its wings in Mississauga.
The brand, which also operates locations in Thornhill, North York, Markham, Scarborough and a few other GTA neighbourhoods, has a vast and varied menu that's made up of perfect winter comfort food and other indulgent, shareable dishes.
As far as food goes, the resto offers lobster super bowl congee, pumpkin hot pot congee with rock crab meat and vegetarian shark fins (which is perfect for shark fin fans who don't feel comfortable eating the controversial and, in some cases, deeply unethical delicacy), sliced fish and blood jello congee, pork internal delicacy congee and more. As for what dishes are most worth trying, the house super bowl congee is a must.
- PHOTOS: Trillium Health Partners building temporary pandemic response unit in Mississauga
- An employee of a Real Canadian Superstore in Mississauga has contracted COVID-19
- Mississauga home prices stabilizing amid COVID-19 pandemic
- These are the companies currently hiring amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Police searching for two suspects in connection to a home invasion in Mississauga